7 Money Savers for Fall
Fall is right around the corner! Given that, we wanted to share seven tips that will help you to save energy and money for the fun festivities that come along with this time of year. We hope you find the following tips to be helpful and encourage you to reach out if you would like to further discuss any of these topics.
- Set back your thermostat. Don’t set the thermostat more than 5 degrees cooler than the ‘normal’ rating when you’re away because of the amount of energy you’ll need to heat it back up. We encourage you to call us to get a programmable thermostat that’ll adjust the temperature while you’re away or sleeping.
- Clean warm air registers, baseboard heaters and/or radiators. Make sure that carpeting, furniture or draperies are not blocking them.
- Get a heating tune-up! This can save money, spot any danger and make you more comfortable. What else could you want?
- Have your ductwork checked for leaks! If you’ve got split or leaky ductwork, this can save you a bundle.
- Change your return air filters. This is a simple and beneficial task that should be done on a monthly basis. You can even call us with your filter size and we’ll get it taken care of for you within a tune-up.
- Consider storm windows or more efficient windows. It can sometimes be expensive to do so, but these windows will pay for themselves in the long-run.
- Lower your dishwasher and washing machine temperatures, as they use hot water from your house supply and drain it in a hurry. Also, remember that it will be much more costly in cold weather.
Schedule an appointment or learn more about how Robin Aire can help you save energy, and money!