- Set back your thermostat. Don’t set the thermostat more than 5 degrees cooler than the ‘normal’ rating when you’re away because of the amount of energy you’ll need to heat it back up. We encourage you to call us to get a programmable thermostat that’ll adjust the temperature while you’re away or sleeping.
- Clean warm air registers, baseboard heaters and/or radiators. Make sure that carpeting, furniture or draperies are not blocking them.
- Get a heating tune-up! This can save money, spot any danger and make you more comfortable. What else could you want?
- Have your ductwork checked for leaks! If you’ve got split or leaky ductwork, this can save you a bundle.
- Change your return air filters. This is a simple and beneficial task that should be done on a monthly basis. You can even call us with your filter size and we’ll get it taken care of for you within a tune-up.
- Consider storm windows or more efficient windows. It can sometimes be expensive to do so, but these windows will pay for themselves in the long-run.
- Lower your dishwasher and washing machine temperatures, as they use hot water from your house supply and drain it in a hurry. Also, remember that it will be much more costly in cold weather.
Schedule an appointment or learn more about how Robin Aire can help you save energy, and money!