Facility Electrical Inspections in Southeast Michigan
Commercial and industrial buildings typically have complex electrical wiring and equipment. In many cases, the system is years or even decades old and may have deteriorated to an unsafe level without the building owner’s knowledge. Other times, staff members lack proper training or fail to abide by important electrical safety measures.
Regularly scheduled facility electrical inspections in your Southeast Michigan building are intended to identify maintenance deficiencies and safety issues that could put your personnel at risk. By helping you adhere to the regulations and standards established by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), Robin Aire Service Company can ensure your building’s electrical system isn’t harboring any unknown hazards.
For the sake of your facility and all the people in it, schedule a commercial electrical inspection with Robin Aire today. We serve the Wixom, Novi, and Milford areas.
The Importance of Commercial Electrical Inspections
Faulty wiring or poor circuitry can cause an array of dangerous and expensive electrical problems, including an increased risk of fire or explosions. Even if your equipment simply isn’t operating as efficiently as it should or is disrupting productivity, it’s worthwhile to schedule regular facility electrical inspections. Here’s how your building can benefit:
- Optimize the efficiency of your electrical equipment.
- Bring outdated wiring and circuitry up to code.
- Identify and remedy potential electrical and fire hazards.
- Ensure workplace safety requirements for code compliance and insurance purposes.
What Does a Commercial Electrical Inspection Involve?
No job is too large or too small for the commercial electricians at Robin Aire. We can help you achieve compliance and peace of mind, whether you operate a small business or large industrial complex. Here’s what a commercial electrical inspection entails:
- Visually inspect the condition of electrical equipment for any flaws, deformities, cracks, or other apparent defects.
- Look for loose knobs or switches, loose or broken plug pins, frayed power cords, and other hazards.
- Ensure all necessary equipment is labeled with an up-to-date electrical safety inspection sticker.
- Make sure all work areas feature adequate and functional lighting using bulbs of the appropriate wattage.
- Test all light switches and outlets.
- Test exterior lights for safe, proper operation.
- Verify that arc fault circuit interrupters (AFCIs) are operating correctly.
- Confirm that grounding systems are in place.
- Ensure extension cords are in safe operating condition.
- Observe how electrical outlets are used. Make sure they are not overloaded with multiple or unapproved extension cords.
- Test fire alarms and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Inspect electrical panels for appropriate labeling, amperage, and operation. Make sure a minimum 36-inch clearance exists around all electrical panels.
Call (800) 361-0888(800) 361-0888 or contact Robin Aire online now to schedule an electrical inspection at your commercial facility in Southeast Michigan!
Electrical Safety Rules for Staff
To help your building’s electrical system operate safely between formal inspections, conduct monthly visual assessments of your own. Also, follow any safety guidelines our commercial electricians provide to ensure hazards remain at a minimum. Recommendations might include the following:
- Don’t use an appliance with a frayed, worn, cut, or burned cord.
- Immediately report concerns of overheating or burning odors.
- Take care not to spill liquids on or near electrical equipment.
- Don’t use extension cords for permanent applications.
- Disconnect appliances by pulling directly on the plug, not the power cord.
Schedule a Commercial Electrical Inspection in Southeast Michigan
Rely on Robin Aire for all your electrical inspection needs. We have been offering exceptional commercial electrical services since 1985.
To schedule an electrical inspection in Wixom, Novi, Milford, or the surrounding area, please call us at (800) 361-0888(800) 361-0888 today.